This is more than just an opportunity to jump into a cold shower. It is an opportunity to upgrade your body and to discover and experience one of the most powerful tools our body has to get healthy.
For the next 7 days, the challenge is simple – a minimum of 30 seconds in cold water.
Why Cold Exposure?
This isn’t about suffering, this is about tapping back into one of our most powerful and primal healing and well-being mechanisms:
Cold exposure is proven to:
- Boost your psychological and physical well-being.
- Gives you more energy by strengthening your mitochondria (for anyone that struggles with low energy!)
- Improve your mood and can help you manage anxiety and/or mood disorders
- Improved weight loss through an increased metabolism and activation of brown fat (brown adaptive tissue).
- Boost your immune system.
- Increases your longevity and cellular health.
How It Works.
Sign up below to be a part of the 7-Day Cold Challenge – it’s free.
Each day you will receive a daily email that teaches you about the power of cold exposure, how to do it properly, why you’re doing what you’re doing – and it will also includes a little motivation from us to keep you going.
As well, each morning at 7:30AM PST, we’ll be going live on Zoom and jumping into a cold shower (bathing suits please), an ice bath, a lake, or the ocean, with anyone that wants to join us.
Cold exposure is just better together.
If you feel like pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and tapping into the power of your body – join us below.
It starts December 14 and we are stoked to have you part of this challenge.
Why Are We Doing This?
Both of us have had some pretty profound experiences that have come from cold exposure.
From help our bodies heal to improved well-being, a calmer mind and body, less anxiety, more resilience, and more control over our reactionary and subconscious minds.
For us, it has become one of the most powerful teachers we’ve had and we want to share that with others because we know they could benefit.
Plus, you look pretty badass sitting in a tub of ice-filled water (ice-filled tub entirely optional).
Get Signed Up.
Fill out your info below, check your email, and you’re in.
Also, we’ll have some important info over before we start!
Please note that Josh and Julian are not medical doctors, nor will they be able to provide professional medical advice around cold exposure. Cold exposure contains inherent risks, and if you have any questions or concerns, please consult your doctor.
The two of us have both had powerful experiences with cold exposure. From healing illness and anxiety to feeling stronger, more energetic, and powerful in our bodies.
There's an innate power in cold and we want to create fun spaces for people to try it out and experience it for themselves.
There's two big reasons why we think everyone should try cold exposure.
- Your body was designed for it. Millions of years of evolutionary pathways sit behind the temporary discomfort of cold and by overcoming them, you unlock numerous benefits in your body.
- Because you're stronger than you think. If at first glance, you're thinking "oh hellllll no", then you're basically obligated to do it. You got so much more in you than you think and this is how you're going to prove it to yourself.
Nope, it's 100% free. We just want to have some fun, get a bunch of people in cold water, and share something we know could help a lot of people right now.
You can use the shower (turned on cold), a bath tub (cold water or filled with ice), or you can get out in nature and jump in a lake or the ocean.
The easiest would be to use the shower!
We recommend a minimum of 30 seconds in water that is 9 degrees or less. Crank that shower on cold or get out into nature. Over time, you can build your tolerance up and keep increasing your time.
While cold exposure is generally considered quite safe, healing, and healthy, we do recommend that if you are immuno-compromised or have prior health conditions, please speak with a medical doctor to make sure it is safe for you.