Deshoots Turns 24...
older, wiser, and somehow still here.
The trip is a two-day overnight camping and rafting trip down the Elaho and Squamish rivers to celebrate life, have huge bonfires, explore, adventure, and live.
Saturday, April 30th (morning) to Sunday, May 1st (late afternoon).
We will be meeting in Squamish on the morning of Saturday, April 30th.
The meeting site is at the Canadian Outback Rafting HQ. You can park and leave your car there all weekend.
The address is: 12825 Squamish Valley Rd, Brackendale, BC V0N 1H0
From there, they will transport us 40km+ up the Squamish and Elaho river to our drop-in site.
Day One – You will challenge the exhilarating rapids of the Elaho River, the same route conquered by those participating on our popular Elaho Exhilarator River rafting adventure. Our talented team of professional river guides will teach you the skills necessary to maneuver through exciting Class 3-4 rapids including the challenging “Devil’s Elbow” section. Depending on water levels, you may have the chance to swim through rapids and showcase your sense of balance in some of your guide’s amusing challenges. Midway down the river, we’ll provide you with a river snack. In the evening, you will reach our riverside campground where your guide will cook you a delicious dinner shortly after your arrival. If you are a vegetarian or have dietary restrictions please call reservations at 1 866 565 8735 and remember to tell your guide.
Day Two – Awake to the sound of the river, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and a delicious breakfast. Your second river day, spent floating down the calm waters of the Squamish River, is much more gentle and serene. Enjoy the spectacular sights this river valley has to offer. From old growth forests, glaciers, dormant volcanoes, waterfalls, and a wide variety of wildlife, this is the type of scenery you’ll see in very few other regions.
At the end of your river journey, we’ll take you back to our rafting resort (arriving around 1:00pm) where you’ll be able to change back into your own clothes and unpack all your gear.
The trip includes almost everything you need.
This includes rafting, transport from Squamish to the rafting site, dinner on the island, breakfast on the island, and some snacks.
You will be supplied with:
- Wetsuit booties
- Spray jacket
- Government-approved lifejacket
- All the equipment required to raft safely
What You Need.
You will need to bring:
- Snacks (lots)
- Beverages (alcohol is permitted during the camping portion of the trip, but is not provided. **Please note that NO glass beer bottles are allowed on the trip and that consumption of alcohol before the trip is prohibited.**
- Personal water bottle for on the island
- Camping Gear
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Layer of polypropylene long underwear, polar fleece, or a thin wool sweater for anyone who may get chilled easily or during cooler temperatures
- Do not wear cotton while rafting as it retains cold against your body
- Rain gear if the weather calls for it
- An extra sweater to wear after your rafting trip as it can be cold in your wet wetsuit
- An extra change of clothing for the evening, and for the day after
- Sleeping wear
- Do not bring your best clothes as you will get dirty and dusty
Based on numbers, I expect the trip to cost between $360 and $400 + tax.